Kolkowitz group publications and pre-prints
- X. Zheng, J. Dolde, H.M. Lim, and S. Kolkowitz, “A lab-based test of the gravitational redshift with a miniature clock network,” pre-print available at: arXiv:2207.07145 (2022).
- M. Zahedian, J. Liu, R. Vidrio, S. Kolkowitz, J.T. Choy, “Depth dependence of the radiative lifetime of shallow color centers in single crystalline diamond,” pre-print available at: arXiv:2207.07217 (2022).
- A. Gardill, I. Kemeny, Y. Li, M. Zahedian, M.C. Cambria, X. Xu, V. Lordi, A. Gali, J.R. Maze, J. Choy, and S. Kolkowitz, “Super-resolution Airy disk microscopy of individual color centers in diamond,” ACS Photonics, (2022).
- Y. Wu, S. Kolkowitz, S. Puri, and J.D. Thompson, “Erasure conversion for fault-tolerant quantum computing in alkaline earth Rydberg atom arrays,” Nature Communications, 13, 4657 (2022).
- A. Sharma, S. Kolkowitz, and M. Saffman, “Analysis of a Cesium lattice optical clock,” pre-print available at: arXiv:2203.08708 (2022).
- X. Zheng, J. Dolde, V. Lochab, B.N. Merriman, H. Li, and S. Kolkowitz, “Differential clock comparisons with a multiplexed optical lattice clock,” Nature 602, 425–430 (2022).
- A. Gardill, I. Kemeny, M.C. Cambria, Y. Li, H.T. Dinani, A. Norambuena, J.R. Maze, V. Lordi, and S. Kolkowitz, “Probing charge dynamics in diamond with an individual color center,” Nano Letters, 21 (16), 6960-6966 (2021).
- L.V.H. Rodgers, L.B. Hughes, M. Xie, P.C. Maurer, S. Kolkowitz, A.C. Bleszynski Jayich, and N.P. de Leon, “Materials challenges for quantum technologies based on color centers in diamond,” MRS Bulletin, 46, 623-633 (2021).
- B.F. Bachman, Z.R. Jones, G.R. Jaffe, J. Salman, R. Wambold, Z. Yu, J.T. Choy, S.J. Kolkowitz, M.A. Eriksson, M.A. Kats, and R.J. Hamers, “High-Density Covalent Grafting of Spin-Active Molecular Moieties to Diamond Surfaces,” Langmuir, 37 (30), 9222-9231 (2021).
- J. Van Damme, X. Zheng, M. Saffman, M.G. Vavilov, and S. Kolkowitz, “Impacts of random filling on spin squeezing via Rydberg dressing in optical clocks,” PRA, 103, 023106 (2021).
- M.C. Cambria, A. Gardill, Y. Li, A. Norambuena, J.R. Maze, and S. Kolkowitz, “State-dependent phonon-limited spin relaxation of nitrogen-vacancy centers,” Physical Review Research, 3, 013123 (2021).
- R.A. Wambold, Z. Yu, Y. Xiao, B. Bachman, G. Jaffe, S. Kolkowitz, J.T. Choy, M. Eriksson, R.J. Hamers, and M.A. Kats, “Adjoint-optimized nanoscale light extractor for nitrogen-vacancy centers in diamond,” Nanophotonics, 10(1), 393-401 (2021).
- A. Gardill, M.C. Cambria, and S. Kolkowitz, “Fast relaxation on qutrit transitions of nitrogen-vacancy Centers in nanodiamonds,” Physical Review Applied 13, 034010 (2020).
- M.A. Sedda, et al., “The Missing Link in Gravitational-Wave Astronomy: Discoveries waiting in the decihertz range,” Classical & Quantum Gravity 37, 21 (2020).
- E. Barausse, et al. (LISA Consortium), “Prospects for Fundamental Physics with LISA,” General Relativity and Gravitation, 52, 81 (2020).
- S. Kimmel and S. Kolkowitz, “No-go bounds for quantum seals,” Physical Review A 100, 052326 (2019).
S. Kolkowitz and J. Ye, “Precision Timekeeping: Optical Atomic Clocks,” pp. 139-156 in Handbook of Laser Technology & Applications, 2nd Ed., C. Guo, Ed., CRC Press, London (2021). (Invited)
For a list of Shimon’s publications from before he came to UW-Madison, please consult his C.V., which can be found here.